We recommend garden flower seeds be sown indoors in trays or pots first to give you good strong plants. Fill trays with potting or seed rasing mix. Sprinkle seeds thinly - do not cover fine seed. Cover larger seed with a layer of mix twice the seed size. Gently water and place in warm area. Keep moist. When large enough, thin or transplant to the garden.
• Fill trays with moist mix to rim and lightly firm.
• Don't sow all seeds just because they're there!
• Mix seed with sand or mix for even sowing.
• Cover seed with their own depth of mix. Don't cover fine seed.
• Don't let trays dry out.
• Harden off plants by placing them outside for a few days before planting.